Hosted by Columbia International University
- Location: Columbia International University, Columbia, SC
- Theme: Contemplating the Triune God
- Plenary Speaker: Matthew Barrett
- Dates: Friday, February 24 and Saturday, February 25, 2022
- Paper Submission Deadline: January 4, 2022
2023 ETS SE Regional Meeting Information
Contemplating the Triune God
The faculty and staff at Columbia International University are delighted to welcome ETS members and guests to our campus for the Southeast Regional meeting February 24th and 25th, 2023.
Our keynote speaker will be Matthew Barrett, Associate Professor of Christian Theology at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. The conference theme, “Contemplating the Triune God,” has its roots in Dr. Barrett’s well received work on the Godhead (Simply Trinity: The Unmanipulated Father, Son, and Spirit [Baker, 2021]). He will develop these ideas in the broader context of systematic theology. In addition to delivering three addresses, there will also be time for Q&A following the banquet on Friday evening.
ETS members are welcome to submit papers for the conference. These may follow the conference theme or deal with other areas of Bible and theology. The deadline for paper submissions will be January 4, 2023.
Please see the information below to register for the meeting and submit paper proposals.
- Date of Regional Meeting: Friday, February 24, 11:00—Saturday, February, 25, 1:00
- Conference Theme: Contemplating the Triune God
- Keynote Speaker: Matthew Barrett, Associate Professor of Christian Theology and Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
Presenters and attendees must register for the conference. Please register no later than January 24, 2023. After January 24th, registration fees will increase by $5.
Early Registration Fees (no later than January 24, 2023)
- Full Members: $45
- Student Members: $30
- Guests: $50
- Spouses: FREE
Late Registration Fees (January 25, 2023 until the date of the conference)
- Full Members: $50
- Student Members: $35
- Guests: $55
- Spouses: $5
All Ticket Prices include the Friday night banquet.
To register for the conference please visit: ETS2023.Eventbrite.com
Paper proposals: ETS members of any rank and any region are welcome to submit a paper proposal. Please email your proposal with your name, title of paper, and institution to Markus Klausli at [email protected] no later than January 4th, 2023.
Student Paper Competition: Student ETS members attending schools within the Southeast region (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee) are invited to enter a completed paper (not an abstract) for the competition. Papers around 15 to 20 pages should be submitted as a PDF document to the email address above and must adhere to the Doctrinal Basis of ETS. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place papers. Please submit papers to the email address above no later than January 4th, 2023.
- 11AM to 12:30 PM Check-in and Registration
- Lunch is available for purchase at the CIU Cafeteria
- 12:30-1:45 PM First Plenary Session
- 2:00-2:45 PM Paper Session 1
- 2:55-3:40 PM Paper Session 2
- 3:50-4:25 PM Paper Session 3
- 4:35-5:10 PM Paper Session 4
- 5:30-7:15 PM Dinner and Second Plenary Session
- 7:30-8:30 PM Q&A with Dr. Barrett
- 8:30-9:15 AM Paper Session 5
- 9:25-10:10 AM Paper Session 6
- 10:20-11:15 AM Paper Session 7
- 11:30 AM-12:30 PM Third Plenary Session
- 12:30 – 1:00 PM Business Meeting
- 1:00 PM Dismissal
Location, Meals, and Accommodations
The ETS SE Regional meeting will take place on the campus of Columbia International University, located at 7435 Monticello Rd, Columbia, SC 29203. Check-in and Registration will open at 11:00 in the Schuster Building. Please follow signage to parking on campus.
Click here for a map of the campus: https://www.ciu.edu/maps-directions
Lunch is available for purchase in the CIU Cafeteria on Friday. Please RSVP on the registration page if you are planning to eat in the cafeteria for lunch when you arrive on Friday. For other meal options, Columbia has no shortage of great restaurants and standard fast-food options for your initial meal.
For overnight lodging, Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Lexington (108 Saluda Pointe Cte, Lexington, SC 29072) has reserved 20 rooms at a special rate between now and Jan 24, 2023. Reserve your room by following this link: www.wyndhamhotels.com
For questions about the ETS SE Regional Meeting, please contact Markus Klausli at [email protected].
Founded in 1949, The Evangelical Theological Society is a professional society of Biblical scholars, educators, pastors, and students “devoted to the inerrancy and inspiration of the Scriptures and the gospel of Jesus Christ” and “dedicated to the oral exchange and written expression of theological thought and research.” www.etsjets.org